The Faculty of Arts aspires to be a dynamic media of cultural renaissance in
The Faculty of Arts seeks to:
- Equip students with relevant and adaptable knowledge and skills for the job market
- Advance the frontiers of knowledge through quality research by creating conducive conditions for integrated research
- Foster collaboration with other universities and the community in the main areas of study and research in the Faculty
- Closely link research and teaching
- Closely relate teaching, learning and research to local and national realities
- Contribute to the development of policies in areas of research in the Faculty
- Serve as a national, regional and local resource centre in areas of interest to the Faculty.
The vision and mission of the Faculty rest on inculcating in the students the following core values: civic responsibility, consideration for neighbours and respect of human values such as community, fairness, open-mindedness, tolerance, spirit of dialogue and non-violence.